Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Bouncey, Bouncey, Bouncey....

Babies Bounce.

Rubber Balls Bounce.

Sadly, computers don't bounce.

I was sitting in the recliner with the laptop in my lap when I heard the hubby come home. Knowing that we would have groceries to unload I gently sat the plugged-in laptop to the side and lowered the foot portion on the recliner.

Like a rock being shot from a 5-year-old's slingshot the laptop flew from its location next to me and landed with a thud onto the hard wood floor.

After hauling in the groceries I called my friend the local computer expert and explained that I now had just a white screen and asked if there was anything I could do.

"Not to worry" he informed me. My computer was just "hung up". We tried several things and unfortunately the computer is still hung up.

I personally think it is suffering from "shaken computer syndrome" or "SCS" and is in a permanent vegetative state. This is a very rare condition for a MAC. Most of the time you see "SCS" with PCs after a frustrated user has had all that they can handle and the text support team in India has not been able to help them. That is when the PC user results to shaking the computer in hopes of making the connection work better.

Alas either way. I have decided to order a new Mac and let the old one rest in peace. My new Macbook Pro should be here any day now and is coming with a free Ipod touch. Woohoo.

The Apple people must have heard about my poor little laptop and felt sorry for me and are running this really cool special just for me. Isn't that nice of them? Thanks Apple.

No comments: