Saturday, March 28, 2009

Camp and Learning

I have been at camp now for 3 days and 2 nights.

I have done little quilting. I have however done some cutting and some pinning. I have mostly done a lot of cooking and cleaning.

I am happy to say that I have been helping the site manager, Julie in the kitchen and am happy as a clam. Well maybe not as happy as the clams that were in the fettucini the first night we got here but well...

I have also taken some "me time" down by the lake. It has been a little chilly but not nearly as cold as it could have been. It actually is beautiful here. The lake is clear and the skies have been so-so and we are above 30 degrees, can't really complain.

Last night after cleaning up dinner dishes, momma deer and her 3 babies came through camp. I got the privelege of feeding her left-over rolls. She actually ate them right out of my hand. Tentatively but trusting. It all makes me remember that God created everything and it is our responsibility to take care of it. That includes taking care of ourselves and taking care of camp too so that when we need it, it will be here for us.

Thank you Julie for taking care of me and letting me be me.

No comments: