Tuesday, November 25, 2008

strange remedies

This month was our church's month to work the food bank in our town. Not a hard job but one that is definitely needed. Every week has seen our little food bank serving numbers of 20 and more. It surprises me how many needy we have but I know that there are even more out there that are just too proud to grace the doors.

I had two other volunteers working with me which made the time go by fast. It is fascinating what you can find out from others when you are just shooting the breeze.

I got cooking tips, gardening tips, and we even got time to discuss what was going on in each others lives. The scariest thing that was shared was how to get rid of a cold sore.....ready, say ewww...cause the easiest and cheapest way to get rid of a cold sore is ear wax. Supposedly you take a little of your own ear wax and put it on your cold sore and it will take care of it. I don't know about you all but Ill stick to carmex or any other OTC remedy before I result to ear wax.

All in all it was a good day. I think the thing that I will take with me are the smiles from those we served and forget the cold sore remedy.

No comments: