Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Squeak, Squeak

I went into WalMart the other day and grabbed a cart and headed inside the door. As I went into the door I heard this continual squeak, squeak, squeak.

Yep, I had done it again, I had picked the best cart out of the bunch. I proceeded to ask the WalMart greeter if this cart came with WD-40. As I was phrasing my question, he looked at me like I had lost my marbles and asked me, "Ma'am are you sure about that cart decision?"

I let him have the cart and proceeded to pick out a different one. To his credit, he did put the cart where no one else would pick it up. Hopefully this means that it will get that shot of WD-40 that it so deeply needs.

What I want to know is this: Why is it that no matter which grocery cart you pick you can always pick the one that pulls to the left, has one wheel that doesn't turn, wobbles funny, or squeaks but when you go to pick the lottery numbers you never pick the right ones?

No comments: