Friday, November 19, 2004

Construction

I have lived now in many different types of environments and have seen many different types of construction but I must admit in the 5 months that I have been in MT I have never seen construction like I have here. First let me start with the road construction that we encountered the first month that we were here. There was a perfectly good paved road, that it appeared they had put gravel on and then tar over. I was told not to worry that this was "chip-sealing" and that in no time you would not be able to deal the difference, it would look like the good paved road again. I had my doubts but sure enough they were right. Then of course there is the on going construction going on in our house. I must admit that most of it is now my doing as the "large ticket" stuff is done. Now the construction is really just paint and interior decorating stuff. Oh and on the way back from Butte I saw a road construction sign that I have never seen before. Not your typical "men working" "watch for falling rock" or any thing like that no this sign on a large orange sign said "watch for falling timber". Now rock I can understand Ive grown up with that, but falling timber? I mean that could take out the whole road. Fortunately we only saw men cutting up the falling timber. Then the next day I encounter the newest construction. I heard pounding outside my windows and was sure that Fr Ed was up to something, so of course I went to the window to check it out. Now that the windows are new I can see into Fr Ed's yard and saw no one. The cat was sitting also by the window enjoying the view. I shut the window since RevRef had left it open and saw my little construction worker fly away. Yes I had my first woodpecker. RevRef was not pleased but I have to admit I found him kinda cool. It just goes to show that when you think you have seen everything God will always show you more if you just let Him.

No comments: