Saturday, October 23, 2004

Outlets

I need an OUTLET. No Im not talking about an Outlet mall although one of those would be nice too. And no Im not talking about the electrical kind though it would be nice to have more than one in each room, please remember that I am living in a parsonage that was built in the 1800's that being said I guess I should be glad I have electrical outlets at all. Anyway I am talking about the kind of outlet that you can bitch and moan to and it won't get heard all over the small town in which I am now living. Apparently someone heard about my complaining about my decrease in hours and went to the hospital administrator. I then got called into the admin's office and "talked" to about confidentiality and how I can talk to him or my husband but that's about it. Those were his exact words. He also said that if you say anything in public and someone overhears you "its like standing on main street with a megaphone". Needless to say I am not pleased about this for a couple of reasons. First I had talked to him first so he already knew I was displeased and anything he heard from anyone should not have been a big surprise.
Second its not a confidential issue. Everyone in the hospital knows that my hours have been decreased and why. I repeat I need an outlet. You know the more that I think about it the more that I think maybe it is an outlet mall that I need, that way I could just go and shop until I have let it go. Any thoughts?

No comments: