Monday, May 03, 2010

Learning.

Through the ups and downs of life I have always been told that it is a learning experience. You never go through something without growing! What you learn may not be huge or extremely significant but each event is an opportunity to enrich your life in some way.

As we travel through this new experience I am trying to figure out what I am learning:
1. That as I get older, I deal with moving much better than when I was younger.

2. My daughter deals with the idea of moving as a teenager the same way I did at her age and it is not pretty. I guess what goes around comes around.

3. Sometimes you find friends in the most unlikely people when going through adversity.

4. Those who you thought might be the first to offer support, might not know how.

5. It is hard to find out that you were wrong about people while at other times it is enlightening.

6. My mother is right, you don't lose your friends unless you choose too. You just take them with you where ever you go.

Im sure I am learning a lot more but it will be more evident as I continue to grow through this journey.

note: I have always wanted to be 5'7" but I guess thats probably the one type of growth that I wont get through this. Is 2" really too much to ask?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mother says when dealt lemons in life I make lemonade. When I'm in the middle of adversity, I don't want to make lemonade so I take it one day at a time, sometimes one hour or even one minute at a time and don't really care about the lemonade. But when I get through it all and look back at the whole situation, I realize I made lemonade.--love kimmie