Saturday, May 01, 2010

Jesus Took 5 Loaves And 2 Fishes And......

When our two churches began discussions on merging I actually thought that the smallest of the two churches would inspire the larger in its Christian growth because I saw the bible studies that the smaller church attended and admired their spirit.

The two churches are yoked. In my mind that means that the two work together.

The smaller church has decided that it no longer wants to attempt to merge which means that after 2010 the churches will no longer have enough money to budget for a salary. Thus The Rev has started the great search for a new call.

I can't say that I am not disappointed by everything that is going on. I love the churches here and we love being involved in the Ruby Valley. Its hard to watch something that you have been pouring your heart and soul into for the past 6 years not be able to continue.

But then maybe I've got it all wrong.

Recently I have watched the larger church gain a greater sense of Christianity. I have watched them grow spiritually and it has been good to see. Through this all the larger church has gained many strong spiritual lay leaders and a better sense of who they are and where they want to be. The larger church now has a bible study on Sunday mornings as well as a book group that is currently studying the women of the bible (they've even invited our Methodist neighbors to join us for the study.)

Funny how God works.



No comments: