Tuesday, July 29, 2008

starting small, hoping to end that way too.

You may remember that just over 2 weeks ago I began seriously trying to work out on a regular basis.  I have been working out at least three times a week and am once again paying close attention to what I eat.  Thanks to weight watchers I have a pretty good grip on what I should be eating and what I shouldn't be eating.  (I also seem to have a pretty good grip on the ice cream.) 

I can't seem to convince any of my friends that 6am is a good time to get up and join me at the gym.  The rev runs and has some standard exercises that he does here at home so he too is not interested in joining me at the gym at 6am.  But they say that if you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit.  I have been at it solidly for 2 weeks, one more and it will hopefully be a habit that is hard to break.  

I did get on the scale this week and I am down 4.8lbs.  May not seem like a lot but if you have ever had to lose weight you know you take it however you can get.    It also makes 6am seem worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job! Robyn and I have been going for about 4 months now and I am down 12lbs. We go at 6:30 and at first it was a pain in the rear but has become much easier.