Monday, July 14, 2008

6am

I did it.  I got up this morning and made it to the gym at 6am.  

Those of you that know me, know that I am not a morning person and therefore know what an accomplishment this is.  I also did this with only hitting the snooze alarm once and didn't grumble at all.  I also might add that I walked to the gym.   The city councilman that I happen to be sleeping with claims that it is illegal to drive less than 2blocks but I want it noted that I would have walked anyway.  

The beauty of being at the gym at 6am is that nobody, and I mean no one, is at the gym at this hour.  I have my choice of machines and what I want to watch on the TV.  For those of you that belong to large gyms in big cities this may seem odd but this is a small gym in a small town.  At 6am, patience is not one of my better virtues, so  when I am ready to start on the elliptical machine I really do not want to have to wait for someone to be done with it.  

I did have a good, quiet, and enjoyable workout.  Then as I was getting ready to leave another person finally arrived.  

The plan is to do this 5 mornings a week.   Today was aerobic, tomorrow is weights.

No comments: