Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gremlin

Well, well . . . It seems that I have been targeted for some rather nasty comments by a local gremlin. Isn't that special?

Not only have I been targeted, but this brave soul, who posts anonymously, has also decided to take her viciousness out on my daughter.

So, let's get this straight: A local commenter (who obviously goes to school with my daughter), feels the need to make attacks on two people anonymously. This brave soul either doesn't like me, my daughter, or both of us. How brave of her to do that without talking to me in public. How brave of her to hide behind anonymous commenting. How . . . sweet . . . of her to feel the need to behave this way.

How pathetic.

Maybe one day this young woman will grow up into a respectable, caring person who realizes that attitudes like this and words like these do nothing but fester like a cancer inside of the one spewing them. Maybe . . .

Until then I can only do what I know how to do: Pray for my enemies.

Oh . . . I can also delete her comments; because, while I may pray for my enemies, it doesn't mean that I have to continue to allow her comments on my blog.

2 comments:

Jane Ellen+ said...

Good choice-- both the prayer and the deletion.

I don't know what it is about some people who don't feel they can be happy unless someone else is miserable-- who try to build themselves up by knocking others down.

Pathetic, indeed.

Anonymous said...

I would like to challenge the "gremlin" to take the time to really get to know your daughter. I think then she would find her to be engaging, smart, and downright fun, as I do! This person could have a new and true friend, if she would just let down her own guard and see The Kid for who she really is!

With love (and without anonymity),

Kali