Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday in Triage

I spent the day screening people for the dentist. We must have had at least 100 people who wanted to see the dentist. I got to choose the 10 worst cases for tomorrow. After looking into mouths with teeth that were rotted out clear to the gum and broken off teeth at jagged angles, I am really glad that I changed my mind about being a dental hygienist, (sorry Aunt Jordanna).

I was not the most favorite person today and I'm sure that there are many who will not be putting me on their Christmas card list.

It is hard to be the unpopular one . I much prefer for them to think of me as someone who is there to supply help rather than be the blockade keeping them from getting the assistance that they need.

We will see tomorrow if they all show up.

No comments: