Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lent

Recently went shopping with the Rev.

I picked up a 12-pack of diet pepsi to which the rev responded, "Are you going to have all that drank in a week?" I told him no, that it would probably last more like two, why? "Cause, you're giving it up for Lent aren't you?"

Anyone who knows me knows that I have one diet pepsi a day. I don't drink coffee. I prefer to drink hot water. I used to drink 32-64oz of regular pepsi a day. I now am down to less than what some people drink in coffee a day.

My reply back to the rev was that Lent was a time to take on as well as a time to give up things. I would give up my diet pepsi when he takes on drinking skim milk instead of 2%. At least that has some health benefits for both of us.

Don't see that happening any time soon so I'll continue with my current Lenten plan. I'm taking on a gym membership for Lent. Will plan on working out at least 3 days a week. I'll keep you posted.

Anyone else have any Lenten plans?

2 comments:

Reverend Ref + said...

Does it count if I say, "Survive"?

Crimson Rambler said...

I'm going to try again -- no couch + TV after work...either sitting up watching something, or working, or in bed sleeping... and no restaurants...