Monday, January 08, 2007

Ok Im getting ready to take my 13-year-old daughter out of the country for the very first time. No Rev, Canada does not count. We are going to Belize on a mission trip and I have started having nightmares. The other night I was dreaming that I couldn't find anything to eat, ok that is probably Rev's fault. All his jokes about eating BBQ'd spiders and Kali's comments about eating chicken's heads and feet probably didn't help either (friends what would I do without 'em). Last night it was that I got all the way to the border and then realized that we had forgotten our passports. Today, I got an email from the leader of the mission trip reminding us not to forget our passports. Let me tell you, I am way ahead of ya Peter, I already have it in my fanny pack with my travelers checks and cash and ATM card. Now if I could just make sure my suitcases are under the 50lb mark,(sorry Faye there is not enough room in my suitcase for you afterall, you have to be under 50lb) and that the people at the airport don't take my medication out of my bags I think I will have everything under control, well for today anyway. I' m sure after tonight I will have something else to worry about tomorrow.

4 comments:

Dawgdays said...

Peter? As in "pastork"? If so, he's from our pre-seminary parish.

Have fun you two!

Jane Ellen+ said...

The medication will pass through airport security with no problem, so long as you have it securely sealed in terrorist-proof ziploc bags.

We'll be looking forward to hearing of your adventures; have fun!

Tripp Hudgins said...

Have *fun!*

RudigerVT said...

Yes! Isn't the new 50-pound rule dispiriting? We've a basement full of oversized rolling duffel bags that weigh nearly 10 pounds. 40 pounds of stuff fills them to about half. Grr!

LPR