Thursday, January 18, 2007

Jill the germophobe

Let me introduce you to Jill.

Jill is one of our RN's. She normally works in the ER in the Seattle area. She got to work the first night shift here for post-op care. Jill is extremely grossed out by germs and poor hygeine. She has probably seen more here than her system really can handle but she is tolerating it well.

Let me preface this by telling you that Jill uses her hand sanitizer ALL the time. While working post op Jill got to meet the patient's wife. The patient's wife kept touching Jill which really was hard for Jill. Especially when the patient's wife went to the bathroom, "#1 and #2 and she didn't even SHUT the door or WASH her hands and she kept touching me". (Most of the bathrooms here don't have soap in them and if they do they don't have paper towels.)

Obviously when Jill was little she listened to her mother very well becuase Jill always washes her hands before she eats. I thought that this was good at first and pointed it out to Cece until at breakfast Jill asked to have the hot sauced past to her. It was put in front of her and her husband had to open it for her and put in on her plate for her because she couldn't bear to touch the bottle not knowing who had touched it prior to her. Cece has now taken to calling her "Germie".

The great thing about Jill is that she knows that she is a germophobe and admits to it. She also has a great sense of humor and you can't help but love her.

Seriously Cece I think you'll be fine if you just wash your hands before you eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like someone I know here! I'm really enjoying reading your blog, I check it first thing every morning!

Be safe,
Kali

Anonymous said...

Lovely Wife,

Just thought I'd let you know that not only are hot sauce and ketchup containers off limits; but doorknobs, handrails and the locks on bathroom stalls are equally if not more discusting.

Love, Jill the germophobe

P.S. I brought my own towels and sheets to the hotel!!