Friday, January 19, 2007

Fried jacks

Ok you know that you are addicted to fried jacks when after you have had breakfast at Father Valentines house you look down at your watch and notice that you have one hour till you have to leave for the hospital. Then you quickly turn to may, the other jack addict, and say "do you want to go get some jacks?"

Yep !!! After eating breakfast we hightailed it over to the Riverside, ordered what will probably be my last order of jacks here in Belize (tomorrow we are going to the Mayan ruins and eating on the road). They were delicious even if there was an ant in the sugar bowl. I had already had protein at Father Valentines as had May so we left the ant for someone else.

The good news is that the cook at the hospital as well as a patient who owns a restaurant both told me the recipe for jacks. Im gonna try 'em when I get home. If it works Ill post the recipe.

Man I hope it works. I love jacks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness please post the recipe I also had fried jacks in Belize and I became addicted! I have been looking for the recipe everywhere!