Wednesday, November 03, 2010

It Is Worth Every Penny!

Rotary Jacket for being an exchange student.....$100.00

Price of sending a high school junior on a rotary exchange trip for a year.....a bunch.

Watching your daughter give a presentation about her year abroad......priceless.

It amazes me how much my daughter has grown. No, she hasn't gotten any taller. But her mind is broader. The world is big but now seems a little smaller since she has been to seven countries.

As I listen to her telling the Rotarians about her experience in Germany, and the friends she now has in so many different places and countries, I find that I am witnessing the glow that radiates from not only her face but her whole being. The electricity in her voice speaks volumes of how much this experience has meant to her.

I am so thankful that she was able to take advantage of this wonderful time. My only regret is that she can't do it every year.

No comments: