Saturday, December 20, 2008

What do your actions and your car say about you?

With only 4 shopping days left the mall was rather busy today.  Rev and I had no choice but to venture out and travel to the Big City today to finish our Christmas shopping.  Maybe it is because we don't buy a lot of gifts or maybe because I just enjoy the City.  Either way I make sure that I greet every sales clerk with a smile and wish them a merry Christmas.  It is easy to do when you are not hunkered down with a ton of bags and you are not at the mall for hours or with children that are begging for this or that.   oh yeah it is also easier to do after you have fed the Rev.  He is not big on shopping.   I figure that the sales people have to deal with enough grumpy people that I really do not need to add to their day in that way.  And anyway I just end up feeling guilty in the end.   

What is the expression, you get more flies with honey than with vinegar.  At one store the morning sale had ended a 1/2 hour before but when I asked nicely they agreed that I could still have the sale price.  Yeah, I got new silverware regularly price at 80 for 29.  What is the 11th commandment?  Oh yes, thou shalt not pay retail. 

I had a good day shopping.  Got everything that I needed and a few things that I didn't and actually got a few really good sales!!

As we were leaving the mall we tried to get out of the parking lot.  We were waiting in line to merge with traffic.  The first car let the car in front of us in as is customary.  The next car did everything in their power to make sure that we knew that she was not about to let us in.  Thankfully for us the next car let us in.  This placed us behind the car that refused us access.  Rev said to me "What do you see?".  There was a California dealer's sticker on the back of the vehicle but also on the other side was a sticker of the sign of the fish!

People if you are going to advertise that you are a Christian, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have the decency to act like one.  This provided humor and shake of heads in our car.

All in all it was a good day and we were home in time for dinner.  


1 comment:

Padre Mickey said...

I don't have any stickers on my car and I try to remember that I may be wearing my collar. You see, many times my horn isn't working and I am forced to show folks my middle finger instead. . .