Thursday, May 01, 2008

Nicknames

As kids our family gives us nicknames. Some we like, some we choose to ignore. As we get older those who are close to us; friends, family, and those who we spend time with perhaps on a sports team also give us nicknames. Some of these nicknames may even follow us into our adult life. Sometimes we are lucky enough to have people in our lives as adults who grant us with nicknames as well.

Father John has recently dubbed me "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

Now if only I could get my own household to adopt that we would be set. I suggested it but both the kid and the rev just rolled their eyes. Can't say I didn't try. Oh well, at least I know I carry clout in someone's eyes.

3 comments:

Dawgdays said...

We've used that nickname around here too.

John Toles said...

Ehum.. Clout shmout! I shall obey only when my toes are dangling over hot coals and my eyes are on the verge of being.... ooooo... anyhow. Robyn is most always right about these things so I figure the spouses are quite a bit smarter than the priest when it comes to this sort of thing. You all should form a club or something... call yourselves the "The Episcopal priest wives we could run this show a whole lot better than you silly clergy can." You could call yourselves TEPWWCRTSAWLBTYSICC for short!! Yeah.. that's it.

Crimson Rambler said...

I liked the Australian organization, "Anglican Women For Unlimited Light" -- AWFUL for short -- it was the punch line of version #187 of the "How many Anglicans does it take to change a light bulb" joke.